There are several different types of conversion that can take place on an e-commerce website. Some common examples include:
- Purchasing: This is the most obvious type of conversion, and it occurs when a website visitor completes a purchase on the site.
- Signing up for a newsletter or email list: Many e-commerce websites offer visitors the option to sign up for a newsletter or email list. When a visitor provides their email address and opts in to receive communication from the company, this is considered a conversion.
- Downloading a digital product or resource: Some e-commerce websites sell digital products, such as ebooks or tutorials. If a visitor downloads one of these products, this is considered a conversion.
- Subscribing to a service or membership program: Many e-commerce websites offer subscription-based services or membership programs. If a visitor signs up for one of these programs, this is considered a conversion.
- Requesting a quote or consultation: Some e-commerce websites, particularly those in the B2B space, may offer visitors the option to request a quote or consultation. If a visitor takes this action, it is considered a conversion.